Library and Circulation Rules:
- 1. Children under 12 years of age must have a parent, guardian, or an adult 18 years of age or over with them at all times while visiting the library. Library staff cannot be held responsible for accidents that occur from leaving children unattended in the building.
- 2. Books and may be checked out for three weeks at a time. There is no limit on the number of books checked out per card.
- 3. Most DVDs may only be checked out by adult patrons (17 and older), with a limit of four per household for one week at a time. We do have a limited number of DVDs that may be checked out by teenagers 13+ with the same rules.
- 4. Books on cassette or CD may be checked out for three weeks at a time with a limit of five per library patron.
- 5. Magazines may only be checked out by adult patrons, and there is a limit of two per household for one week.
- 6. E-books may be checkout through our online Overdrive service for either two or three weeks at a time. There is a limit of 10 books at a time per library card, and the books are automatically returned at the end of the checkout period (either 2 or 3 weeks, depending on the book.)
- 7. Our digital projector may be checked out overnight by adult patrons, with the possibility of longer checkout periods by request. A request must be submitted BEFORE THE DAY THAT YOU NEED THE PROJECTOR so that we can make sure it is available, and a $25 deposit is required at time of checkout. The deposit will be returned as long as all materials are received back in good shape by 2:00pm on the day it is due.
ALL OVERDUE MATERIALS MUST BE RETURNED AND ALL FINES PAID BEFORE ADDITIONAL MATERIALS CAN BE CHECKED OUT TO A LIBRARY CARD HOLDER.
We strive to make available a broad and varied collection, but occasionally we are unable to supply the material that a patron requires. If this happens, the material may be acquired through interlibrary loan. A fee of $3.00 per item will be charged for obtaining library material through this service to help defray the cost of return postage. The fee must be paid at the time of request.
In order to use our public computers you must have your own library card, and the card must be clear of all fines and charges. Public access printers are available with a charge of 20¢ per page. Public computers close a half hour before the building. Computers will notify you of the price of your document before it is printed. Patrons are not allowed to save materials to library computers, and though we do our best to ensure that your material is kept private, the library cannot be held responsible for information left on public computers. Please be extremely careful when using our computers, and make sure that you logoff when you are finished using them. Our computers are setup to completely wipe all information upon shut-down; this will help protect your information.
Lost or damaged materials:
Replacement cost of materials is based on the price listed plus a $2.00 non-refundable processing fee.
If a lost item is found after it has been paid for, and it is returned to the library in good condition, you may receive a refund for the price of the material minus the $2.00 processing fee. The refund will be issued by check, and you will be notified when it is ready.